11 January 2014

Planned Reading

Here's a list of books that are either already on my to be read pile (physical and electronic), or are likely to be added to it when I get around to spending my Xmas money. Plus I'm sure many of these books will be available through the library service too.
The books are presented in no particular order, and I'll update what I've read as I go.

Seven Wonders by Adam Christopher

Banners in the Wind by Juliet E. McKenna 

Noir Carnival edited by K. A. Laity

The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

Chicks Dig Comics by various

Enchanted Glass by Diana Wynne Jones

The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick (I've never read any PKD and this was recommended by a colleague)

The Time-Travellers Almanac edited by Ann and Jeff Vandermeer (I will have to dip in and out of this one as its a truly enormous anthology and looks like a book that deserves its own lectern)

The Copper Promise by Jennifer Williams

Between Two Thorns by Emma Newman

The Shadowed Sun by N. K. Jemisin

Clovenhoof by Heide Goody and Iain Grant

Mayhem by Sarah Pinborough (I won this in a raffle chaotically hosted by the author)

The Bookman Histories by Lavie Tidhar

Tales of Eve edited by Mhairi Simpson

Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers (I read all the books as a kid, except the first one)

Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch

The Merchant of Dreams by Anne Lyle

Dangerous Waters by Juliet E. McKenna

The Violent Century by Lavie Tidhar

Further Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin

On a Red Station, Drifting by Aliette de Bodard

And to think my husband says I don't want things. Though to be fair, he was talking about things other than books and DVDs, and I must admit I find I don't tend to want other stuff so much.

This actually looks like a lot of books, though I don't normally do lists like this, so maybe that's it. I wonder if I'll manage to read them all? Stay tuned to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment