14 November 2010

First Post

I don't expect anyone is reading this at the moment. Mostly because I'm keeping the blog private until I've got things sorted out a bit. However I am a person who likes to provide an introduction -or perhaps an explanation/apology.
Also it's easier to edit the look of the blog if I've actually got at least one post. So...

I'm currently in my mid-twenties, I'm married and work in a library.
My interests include Books, Television, History, Films and Writing. I plan to blog mostly around these subjects, although whether I stick to that plan remains to be seen.

One of my favourite quotes is the last sentence spoken by the Red Queen in the extract below:
Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There.  Lewis Carroll

Six is my lucky number and I do enjoy a variety of impossible things. Although I must say, I'm not much use for anything before breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment