30 November 2012

End of NaNo

I have a confession to make, I am stressed.
I didn't realise just how stressed I'd gotten until just over a week ago, when I had some time off work and fell apart a little bit. There are a lot changes happening at my workplace, I don't want to go into details, but things are getting to me.

Not wanting to overload myself I decided to take NaNoWriMo fairly casually and just see what happened. In many ways November was not the best month to do this as there were a few preexisting plans, some of them involving travel or hosting family members, which ate into writing time.

I managed 21,456 words which is just over a third, not bad considering I didn't give it the necessary time and energy.

I'm not sure if I'll do NaNo again. I think if I do I'll have to decide earlier and do more planning.

I did NaNo to get myself writing again and I think that has helped, so that's been positive.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! It is normal to hit a lull. Sometimes through hard times, a creative outlet is necessary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)
      I realised recently that I've gotten stressed at work. Not the best time to set myself an extra challenge. You're right that it's a time when I need to focus on being positive and staying creative.

      Delete